Ma Yun better known as Jack Ma is the founder and chairperson of one of the most successful e-commerce companies, Alibaba, which had recently been labelled as more successful than Walmart in terms of business. As an aspiring entrepreneur, he should definitely be on your list of entrepreneurs to gain inspiration from.
Listed below are a few quotes by him to help you through your entrepreneurial journey:
1. The opportunities that everyone cannot see are the real opportunities.
2. Hire the person best suited to the job, not the most talented. This can be a very painful lesson. There’s no point putting in a Boeing jet engine when you need to run a tractor.
3. Never deceive others, in business or in life. In 1995, I was deceived by four companies — four companies that are now closed. A company cannot go far by deceit.
4. We are never in lack of money. We lack people with dreams, who can die for those dreams.
5. If you don’t give up, you still have a chance. Giving up is the greatest failure.
6. When you are small, you have to be very focused and rely on your brain, not your strength.
7. If we are a good team and know what we want to do, one of us can defeat ten of them.
8. You should learn from your competitor but never copy. Copy and you die.
9. A leader should have higher grit and tenacity, and be able to endure what the employees can’t.
10. Opportunity lies in the place where the complaints are.
11. You’ve to make consumers smart. An e-commerce portal doesn’t sell a product at cheaper rates, instead an offline shop sells it at a costlier prices.
12. If you’re still poor at 35, you deserve it.
13. I call myself a blind man riding on a blind tiger.
14. Never ever compete on prices, instead compete on services and innovation.
15. It’s very difficult to know the outside world, but you know yourself. You know your need and what you want. If I know myself better, I can change myself to meet the outside world.